BE SURE TO VISIT DFINERY'S STORE BY CLICKING THE BANNER DIRECTLY BELOW
media & media related products mentioned/recommended/enjoyed by DFinery can be found/purchased in the Mediafeast!
TIA (Thanks In Advance) FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

some Refinery fuel...

some Refinery fuel...

20091212

i believe i've discovered the source of my addiction...

if it is found to be offensive that i refer to my l-ve for audio as an addiction, i must suggest the offended parties chill...

i used to have a $100/wk habit at the record store. i had to sneak them in the house because my sperm donor thought buying vinyl & pursuing my audio interests was not a worthwhile use of my time & intellect. imagine that...

moving forward, i believe my addiction is derived from 2 distinct character traits i seem to possess:

  1. i am completely fascinated by patterns & puzzles
  2. i can't stand hearing the same music repeatedly
i have never really listened to lyrics in music. that may explain why i rarely properly recall song lyrics. rhythms & melodies i recall. i focus on them. that's that pattern recognition. this has a great influence on the operating schedule of the Refinery.

sometimes i get this itch & i just have hear new music (new patterns). when i wasn't making my own that resulted in my voracious appetite for new vinyl, cassettes, CD's, & now digital audio (mp3's & the like).

it happened yesterday. i was supposed to get some rest before going out & i couldn't. i had get in the Refinery & do watido...

i don't need help, i need to make new fuel...LOL!

PEACE
...be calm...

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember lyrics either; thanks for the insight that my mind may be focusing on the melody or pattern. There is a thread of sound that pleases my soul and mind and it crosses all music styles; I can't define it though. But I find it in Zeppelin to Gaye to Vivaldi. Check out my latest IPod addition: Andante from Concerto in D Minor for 2 Mandolins, sung by Bobby McFerrin with Yo Yo Ma on the cello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do & mad thanks for the support. Bobby McFerrin is an amazing artist. talk about being an instrument of creativity...

    ReplyDelete

all expression is welcome. hate if you will, but try to be constructive. try even harder to be honest...ABB!